Saturday, October 15, 2016

Day 2: Freedom

The questions that arise this month stem from the Founding Father's belief that we all have a right to freedom.

What does that mean?
What does it look like?
How can we use it for good?

As a family, we are focusing on learning more about how we need courage to be free.   I have tried to apply this study to us as individuals.  Interestingly enough, I started thinking:
-in what ways am I not free right now?

For me, through our seminary classes and in what I believe was a direct Heaven-sent answer to this question, I have identified two areas in my life where I am in bondage;
-I struggle to truly forgive others and myself
To forgive is to release a prisoner, and discover that the prisoner was you.
-I am in bondage to my appetite

These are both areas that are within my area of action, my area of stewardship.   These affect my happiness as all our actions do.

What are you in bondage to?  Where is your study of eternal principles of freedom going to lead you?  Ask the question and then be prepared for God's answer.

Not much time right now! I will "decorate" later :)....

No comments:

Post a Comment